Q: Since I did a clean install on this machine, I have started getting little “pop-up” messages attached to the printer icon in the system tray. The message tells me that the print job has been sent, which printer it was sent to, name of the document file and the Total pages information. Can you point me to the option to turn this annoyance off?
A: The print job notifications can be turned off using the following steps:
- Click Start, Printers and Faxes
- Select Server Properties from the File menu
- Select the Advanced tab
- Uncheck the following options:
- Show informational notifications for local printers
- Show informational notifications for network printers
- Click OK.
Note that the option Show informational notifications for local printers is unchecked by default.
Registry values for the above setting
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Printers \ Settings
Data: 0 (disable) or 1 (enable notifications)